Thursday, August 11, 2011

Unit 12/ Visual Arts


What's on YOUR plate today??

Conceptual art is about ideas, and this play on words relates to the idea that we are all multi-tasking all the time.  I picked the best plates I could find to provide a backdrop for wire, sanding block, paint, and washers and a set-up with tools that resembles  flatware.  This is to provide a little irony...what's on our plate today may not be so beautiful.

Note:  My first idea was to do a play on words using a plate with nuts (almonds) and bolts.  I quickly discovered that I had no bolts around the house so I regrouped with "What's on your plate today?" and assembled the tools and hardware that I could find. It took just a few minutes to set this up once I got going.  The most time-consuming part was ironing the blue tablecloth--the arrangement needed a color that would "pop" against the red.

No comments:

Post a Comment