Thursday, August 18, 2011

Unit 5 Arts of the Baroque Age/ Dance

Assignment 2:  Five Positions

Five Positions a' GaGa
Using the artistic style of your choice (comic cartoon, stick figure, realistic drawing, digital camera), sketch or photograph figures demonstrating each of the five positions of ballet.  If you like you can attach explanatory notes.  Keep in mind that your five sketches should (1) be accurate and (2) reflect a reasonable investment of time on your part.


Note:  I knew from the beginning I wanted to have fun with this one and use Lady Gaga's feet to demonstrate the positions. My first try was feet only--big, decorative platform shoes, but that didn't work because the arm positions are important as well.  So-- I did stick figures as a preliminary drawing, then looked up some images of Gaga for the style.  I sketched on grid paper, then traced that to watercolor paper and dabbed on a little dimestore watercolor paint.  When the watercolor dried I outlined the figures with a Pilot pen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment