Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Unit 10 The Early Modern Era/ Overview


Assignment:  Create a digital exhibit of important events in the twentieth century. Go online to find ten photographs, two for each of the five events of the first half of the twentieth century.

With each photo, write a short explanation that explains the connection between the photo and the era it represents.
  • The Progressive Era 
  • World War I 
  • The Jazz Age 
  • The Great Depression 
  • World War II
  • Progressive Era protests were all about improving
    the lives of the poor.

    Teddy Roosevelt brought in the Progressive Era
    with reforms, national parks, women's suffrage.

    The USA was drawn into a European conflict.




    WW1 was a war with unimagined horrors.



    20s styles showed the frivolity of the era.


    20s Chaplain showed poverty in his movies.


    Great Depression of 30s: economic collapse
    and then the Dust Bowl.

    Depression Era, the homeless and jobless.

    WW2 Bombers asserted power of the USA.
    Bombing of Hiroshima ended WW 2 but is still questioned today.

    Note: As the instructions suggested I previewed this assignment before I watched the video clips of the five eras.  After I watched each video clip I Google'd "Images of (that era)" and saved my favorite images in order in a folder on my computer. Approaching all the last assignments together made the process go smoothly and I thought the photographs were amazing. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment